Kale is the new ‘beef’ or the ‘queen of greens.’ Everyone seems to be in on it in one way or another. Whether it be raw, steamed, hydrated or juiced kale is delicious any way you decide to have it. Kale is one of the most diverse vegetables and is known for its impressive health benefits, delicious flavor and exceptional nutritional richness.
Kale is a rich leafy green also know as borecole and it belongs to the Brassica family which include cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, collards and brussel sprouts. Kale is available in ornamental, curly or dinosaur varieties.
Eating kale on a daily basis can do wonders for your health by choosing natural, organic whenever possible. It can provide significant health benefits such as lowered blood pressure, cholesterol and even cancer prevention.
Here are just a few of its amazing benefits:
* High in iron.
* Filled with powerful antioxidants
* High in vitamin K which helps to protect against various cancers.
* Great anti-inflammatory.
* High in vitamin C and A.
* High in calcium.
* Great for cardiovascular support.
* Detoxifies the liver and keep the body healthy.
* One or two bunches of raw organic kale of your choice.
* 2 Tablespoons of organic virgin olive oil.
* Handful of organic pumpkin seeds.
* 3- 4 tablespoons of organic Tamari soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s (soy sauce alternative)
* A pinch of asafoetida (a widely used spice in Indian cooking) which is a flavor enhancer used in place of garlic and onions to keep the food satvic (pure) for yogic practices.
* Option: instead of using asafoetida you can use one tablespoon on organic garlic.
Wash and de-vain the kale and chop into 1 inch pieces as you would for a salad and put aside.
Heat a large stir fry pan or wok on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add a pinch of asafetida or garlic and lightly brown, simultaneously you can add the Tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s. Now you can add the chopped kale into the pan and sauté until the kale becomes chewy (this will only be 3-5 minutes) be sure not to overcook and is it will evaporate.
Once the kale is chewy you can remove from the pan and serve.
This is fast, easy on the go highly nutritious meal which will give you super powers and is good for your health.